Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hope and Bradford


Let me list the challenges I had with this painting: Pick a complicated scene, shops in a building on a hill with a vast foreground in dappled shade. This painting had me to my knees in the humbling kind of way I don't really feel good about.Well, not happy or confident anyway. Will attempt it again on another sunny morning, and just zero in on what drew me to the scene in the first place, the sun on the side of the building, the doorway with its flag. Another beautiful Bristol scene, home of the first 4th of July parade! Great feedback from Kathy Weber as usual.

2 comments:

  1. I see promise here, I wouldn't give up on it! Sounds like a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelley!It is a fun group, through the Portsmouth Arts Guild.

    ReplyDelete