Saturday, August 28, 2010

On Process



I went into the studio and before turning on the lights noticed the quiet beauty of the light falling onto the old rocker and table next to it. A very foggy morning. Shot a few pictures, then did a painting as I saw it, both of which are posted here.Something didn't strike me as right, so I took another tact with my painting, which you will see in my next post.I thought that sharing the process from the 1st observation of a scene to how it becomes realized as a final painting would show the many steps that occur in the creative process, which is, so often, a struggle!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting Anne! Keep posting, I enjoy the process. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn!I'm trying to figure out how to be more consistent with posting.I have been thinking about drawing and posting those.

    ReplyDelete