Sunday, August 21, 2011

At The Dock

This was my entry for Wet Paint, the big summer fundraiser for The Newport Art Museum which took place this weekend. A fun event that I've participated in for years, we painted at the State Pier again. I started 2 paintings before this, the 1st boat left the dock, wiped that off. Luckily I hadn't gotten very far into it before the owner and his young daughter came aboard, getting underway 10 minutes later. The 2nd one didn't get too far either before being wiped off. This one came together, but not without a struggle. Took alot of photos for studio paintings. Want to explore a larger format with these boats.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,
    I saw your paintings on Kehoe's blog...they look wonderful!
    Please let me know how the workshop went, I'm dying to know -
    Jean

    ReplyDelete