Sunday, January 19, 2014

Milton Avery, Day 19 of 30 Challenge


In case you're new to my blog, I'm painting every day in January as part of a 30 day challenge proposed by fellow blogger, Leslie Saeta. I'm painting my version of a master figure painting one day, then the next day I'm abstracting using only similar colors.
Today's artist is Milton Avery, a master of distilling the essence of any subject. The man loved color! This painting is titled Feeding, and was painted in 1944.
I wanted to show the full painting, then the detail I worked with.


7 comments:

  1. I am enjoying the series Ann, but had to pop in when I saw Milton today.
    You did a great job with this one.
    I adore his work and his very sophisticated color harmonies.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Julie, I am learning so much from this challenge, I am feeling a new direction taking hold of me.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Love what you are doing. Last night in the middle of the night, in that half awake/ half asleep mode, and I began to think of doing a similar thing with an old painting that I love. You are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a master at eliminating the busy…simple and elegant..like yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you in your virtual museum with your virtual easel set up painting your variations on the masters, which is virtually what is and was done in art schools, tripping to museums, such fun, and I sense you'll miss the end of your 30 days, a great exercise, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments! I am delighted to hear that I inspire, but this is what we do for each other, when we begin a project with a common goal.
    Page, thank you! What a sweet compliment!
    And yes, I am in the virtual museum, standing by and learning from those who have gone before. Taking the next step by employing the same colors, then making it mine! Absolutely FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are picking all of my favorite artists! This one is especially wonderful. Keep up the great work. You are really stretching and it must feel great!

    ReplyDelete