Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 3 #AbundantArtShow

I'm behind in posting this blog as the challenge has me doing other things- the biggest has been uploading new work into my website and I've added a New Work gallery page so that's great.
Here are images from the 3rd day. 
Photo from Sweet Berry Farm where I met a friend for lunch. Loved the light on the table and the challenge of painting an interior!


I took an older painting and sanded it down, then spent 5 minutes looking at the photo and drawing the major lines with a yellow pastel pencil.


Then I painted from memory using a palette knife. An interesting challenge for sure! A different approach for me and may lead to working in a new way. I'm not a big fan of working from photos but this forced me to look hard then rely on memory while I painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment