Wednesday, August 30, 2017

All Wet

The biggest summer fundraiser at the Newport Art Museum is a 2 day event called Wet Paint. Although over the years all art has come to be accepted, I like to stay true to the concept and paint plein air, turning in very and literally "wet paint". I had my eye on this classic boat at my beach, so I wanted to pick a unique composition and perspective.



Here's the painting, which I painted while standing and looking down into the boat and beyond to the beach. I fell in love with that red/turquoise combination.

Here we are all set up and ready to go, before the beach actually opened for the day! I had to wait until 9am to get the umbrella set up for me. Having an idea of what I want in a painting helped in this case; I staged the umbrella and then the little green bucket for that special accent. I needed that Cowboy hat for a little shade!

There are literally hundreds of entries that are all part of a silent auction to raise money for the museums programs. This happens Saturday night at a special reception,  then the silent bidding continues on Sunday. I was lucky enough to be chosen to go to the live auction on Sunday afternoon- which is the highlight of the weekend. Only 28 were chosen, so I felt very grateful and humbled.
See you same time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment