Monday, February 8, 2010

Riverwalk-beginning


I'm starting a series of larger format paintings of cafes, restaurants,umbrellas, with and without people present. This palette is not my usual one, so many more earth tones I have to resist brightening things up as I want a more tonal painting.
The early tonalists were interested in mood and atmosphere, but I am looking more for the cohesiveness that this limited palette is bringing to the work.This is the first stage, blocking in the shapes, determining the value structure, and getting the canvas (24x24) covered.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be an interesting series - and so thoughtfully designed. Happy Birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelley, for your comments,your birthday greeting, and for checking in on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete