Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Whole Bunch




I painted this from a photo reference of the bouquet of daffodils I had picked at my sisters house on Easter morning. I love how the blue vase goes with the embroidered tablecloth that was my mothers. It's not my everyday style, but the curved lines in the tablecloth remind me of Matisse.

I got right over it to take the picture, then kept the shapes very simple and as abstract as I could. The easiest way for me to do this is to keep the photo out of sight, so that I am not slavishly staring at it to get everything precise. I'm not knocking precise, it's just not for me, so this helps to rely on my memory of the daffodils.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I just visited your blog and your drawings are so expressive. Love the self portrait and how the changing views contributed to the final drawing.

    ReplyDelete