Monday, October 24, 2011

Red Pear

Painted this pear entirely with a palette knife, which is a departure for me. When I took Catherine Kehoe's class this summer, she urged us to mix paint with the knife and not the brush for cleaner,truer color. I have been policing myself to do this (lapsing back to mixing on the palette as I was taught at The Lyme Academy ). One way is not more "right" than the other, for me it is about finding my own path, discovering what works,what excites, what facilitates my expression at a particular moment in time. And this morning, with the pear on a sunny southfacing windowsill, the knife was the way to go!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I like the simplicity of color and shapes. How great to have taken Catherine Kehoe's class! You are so right to follow your own path!

    ReplyDelete