Sunday, January 5, 2014

Edward Hopper, Day 5 of 30

This 1933 painting titled "The Hotel Room" is my Day 5 challenge of Leslie Saetas' 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.
I have been inspired by Hoppers' seeming simplicity until I begin to paint, then I see the many layers of color and the sophistication of his compositions. I am learning so much by really looking at these great artworks as I try to find color and shape, using only a palette knife, and bring them into my little paintings. On another note, todays' post is number 450!




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on no. 450!!
    Love Hopper's and this is one of my favorites. It's interesting to see the thick paint with little detail. Nice job! Looking forward to seeing it in abstract!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific study! And congrats on 450!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You must give yourself a huge pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So touching..the thick paint..the feeling that goes into the paint..So Nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered your blog, and love what I see! Such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you, for your comments, it means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete