Sunday, January 6, 2019

FOMO

Fear of missing out- it used to keep me going when I was already exhausted, overcommitted and running on empty. Then I heard one of my husbands favorite phrases- under commit and over deliver! A concept that has taken me years to really put into action. I am finally ok when I say no to take care of myself first. I've given up the idea that I have to multitask and always be DOING. 
I'm in Hilton Head for the next three months and missed the opening of CITY LIFE, the new show at Spring Bull Gallery, in Newport, RI. 
I missed out and it's okay. A change in my perspective lets me be grateful for what I have and where I am. Each day.
My painting is titled CHAT ROOM  and is oil on panel. 16x20.



2 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom indeed. Hard to do when you have been raised to put others first. (Moi) So congratulations, Anne. May it produce more productive painting time for you. You are at such a wonderful place with your painting i hope you keep up the new attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! Always look forward to reading your comments- another like-minded woman!

      Delete