Saturday, February 4, 2012

2nd Class MassArt

I didn't think I would be able to get to class this week. My mother in law had a massive stroke on Sunday and died peacefully on Wed. My sister ended up at the Leahy clinic. My husband was out of town on business. Somehow driving into Boston, seeing the moonlight on the Charles, and spending time mixing color, picking it up with the knife and just trying to see what was in front of me, was soothing and just what I needed. Jessie was English, always the lady, full of grace.  In spite of  losing her sight,  diminished hearing and difficulties with eating she never complained, always putting one foot in front of the other, and doing what needed to be done. I will miss her and will remember her courage and strength.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It sounds like you have some very nice memories of her. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Staying at the easel is the best therapy and I hope it helps you in your time of grief. Hugs ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Linda.Art can be a powerful painkiller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to your mother-in-law.
    Glad the painting could help during a traumatic time. It looked interesting what you were doing.

    Hope you sister is doing OK too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie. My sister came home from the hospital today...yeah!I can't believe my mother in law is gone, it seems surreal. Life is precious, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete